Series: Cutting Edge (3rd Edition)
Author: Araminta Crace & Peter Moor
Language: British English
Section: Courses (Adult /
Engaging texts, new video content and a comprehensive digital package are
just some of the features that make this fully revised edition even more effective.
Cutting Edge Third Edition builds on the distinctive task-based approach that makes this course so popular.
• New World Culture lessons with video clips give a worldwide view on topics
• New Engaging topics encourage guided online research
• New Language Live lessons practice functional language in video and audio clips
• Integrated video
• Fully aligned to the CEFR
• Task Based Learning is core to the methodology
• Units have clear aims and focus
• A balanced approach to topics, language and skills
• Discovery approach to grammar
Engaging texts, new video content and a comprehensive digital package are just some of the features that make this fully revised edition even more
New World culture lessons encourage the exploration of contemporary topics and develop online research skills. Language live lessons provide
light-hearted contexts for practising functional language and writing.
The DVD-ROM contains all the audio and video clips and a digital Mini dictionary of key vocabulary.
MyEnglishLab Cutting Edge Third Edition is the brand new online component for your Cutting Edge 3rd edition course. Use the code provided with your
coursebook to register. Get news about online presentations for blended learning with MyEnglishLab, read articles, download podcasts and view recorded presentations.
Publisher: Pearson ELT
Author: Frances Eales & Steve Oakes
Speakout is a general English course developed in association with BBC Worldwide and BBC Learning English
With its authentic material from the BBC, Speakout exposes students to language as it is really used giving them confidence to communicate.
Speakout has a wide range of support materials to meet the diverse needs of learners
- DVD lessons using extracts from authentic BBC programmes.
- ActiveBook - the complete digital version of the Students' Book.
- Video podcasts with English as it is really spoken.
- ActiveTeach - everything a teacher needs on a disc for IWBs or computer and projector.
- Teacher's Resource Book with full teaching notes, activities and tests.
Speakout Workbook contains a wide variety of practice exercises that review all the language areas studied in the Student's Book:
- Grammar, vocabulary and functional language exercises help to consolidate and extend new language.
- Extra practice in reading, writing and listening extends learners' skills.
- Regular review and check sections as well as mini tests allow students to check their
Speakout Teacher's Resource Book contains everything the teacher needs:
- Detailed teaching notes including extension ideas, teaching tips and culture notes.
- An extensive bank of photocopiable activities covering grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation as well as the four
Active Teach includes:
- All the audio and video from the book.
- All the pages with a 'zoom in' and 'zoom out' feature.
- Fully functional IWB tools.
- The ability to save all your notes alongside the relevant page of the Student's
- Extra resources including review games and activities.
The Active Book includes:
- Easy navigation of Student's Book pages with zoom in facility.
- Video and Audio available at the touch of a button.
- Students are able to store their notes with the Active Book note taking facility.
- Extra video podcasts with accompanying worksheets.
MyEnglishLab has a wide range of activities that are instantly graded and correlated to your Speakout course.
- To help students engage with these activities there are 'tips' that direct students to reference material that will help them complete exercises, and 'hints' that provide
learning opportunities by encouraging students to work out the answers for themselves.
- MyEnglishLab for Speakout gives teachers instant access to a range of diagnostic tools. The Gradebook enables teachers to see at-a-glance how students are progressing. It
can be viewed for the class or individual students. There are also placement tests, and end of unit tests which can all be assigned to your students.
- The Common Error Report enables you to see which errors are the most common and which of your students are making these errors. With this information you can focus class
time on the areas that are needed the most and if necessary assign remedial activities.
- You can assign tasks to the whole class, groups of students, or individual students to help them reach their goals more effectively.
Flexi Coursebook 1 (all levels):
The first half of the Student's Book, first half of the Workbook (in one volume),
ActiveBook & Vocabulary Trainer Multi-ROM and Workbook Audio CD.
Flexi Coursebook 2 (all levels):
- The second half of the Student's Book, second half of the Workbook units (in one volume).
- ActiveBook & Vocabulary Trainer Multi-ROM and Workbook Audio CD.
Series: Speakout (2nd Edition)
Author: J. J. Wilson, Frances Eales & Steve Oakes
Speakout 2nd Edition is a six level English course for adult learners taking students from CEF A1 to C1.
Using content from the BBC to engage students and make teaching easier, Speakout 2nd edition builds the skills and knowledge students need to communicate confidently in English as it is
Students' Book with DVD-ROM:
The Students' Book has a motivating DVD spread at the end of every unit.
Based on authentic clips from the BBC's rich archive, these lessons are designed to consolidate language and act as a springboard for further speaking and writing tasks. It follows a balanced
approach to topics, language development and skills work. Speaking activities are prominent, but not at the expense of the other core skills of reading, writing and listening, which are developed
- Twelve units with 90 to 120 hours of teaching material.
- Comprehensive Language Bank with detailed explanations and extra practice.
- Photo bank to expand vocabulary.
- Audio and video scripts.
- Refreshed with new visuals and broadened texts, including content from the BBC and other sources. Clearer design allows for easier navigation.
- Revised vocabulary syllabus with more recycling of language.
- Clear signposting on the page to make teaching and learning easier.
- The BBC video clips in each unit are unique to Speakout. The most popular clips from the 1st edition have been retained but new material from the BBC has been added to engage and motivate
- GSE/CEFR mapping helps students track their progress and see the relevance of what they are learning.
- New pronunciation sections provide a stronger syllabus with a wider range of features.
The workbook contains a wide variety of review and practice exercises and covers all of the language areas in the corresponding Students' Book unit.
It also contains regular review sections to help learners consolidate what they have learned.
- Additional grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation exercises to complement material in the Students' Book.
- Additional functional language practice exercises.
- Additional reading, listening and writing practice.
- Regular review and check sections.
- Versions available with and without key.
- Audio material to practise listening, pronunciation and functional language available online.
- Features improved functionality, including provision of learner feedback, making it easier for teachers and learners to track their levels of achievement through each level and through the
- Provides a fully blended and personalised learning environment that benefits both teachers and learners.
- Interactive Workbook with instant feedback and automatic gradebook.
- A common error report that highlights mistakes learners make.
- Tips and feedback that direct learners to reference materials and encourage them to work out answers themselves.
- Extra practice in grammar, vocabulary and skills.
- Unit and achievement tests.
- Mid and end of course tests.
- BBC interviews.
- Interactive worksheets for BBC interviews.
Teacher's Book and Resource and Assessment Disc:
The comprehensive Teacher's Book contains detailed notes and extra materials - everything teachers need to make the most of the course.
- Teacher's notes for every unit with warmers, fillers, alternative suggestions, culture notes and answer keys.
- Generic teaching tips on useful areas such as grammar, lexis, pronunciation, using video etc.
- Photocopiable grammar, vocabulary and functional language worksheets for every unit.
- Class audio and video scripts.
- Unit and achievement tests.
- Mid and end of course tests.
- Test audio, audio scripts and answer keys.
ActiveTeach contains everything you need to help the course come alive in the classroom.
- It includes integrated whiteboard software that allows you to add notes, embed files, save your work and reduce preparation time.
- Answers to exercises are revealed at the touch of a button.
- Audio and video content fully integrated with time-coded scripting.
- Shortcuts to the relevant pages of the Language Bank and Photo Bank make navigation easy.
- Extra resources section includes editable scripts, a range of grammar and vocabulary worksheets, BBC interviews for every unit with accompanying worksheets.
- Grammar and vocabulary review games.
- Test master containing all the course tests.
- Useful tools include a regular keyboard, a phonetic keyboard, a stopwatch and score card.
Class Audio CDs:
- Audio material for use in class.
- Online Speakout Extra provides a bank of additional downloadable exercises.
Series: Top Notch - Summit (2nd Edition)
Author: Allen Ascher & Joan M.
Publisher: Pearson ELT
Language: American English
The six-level Top Notch program makes English unforgettable
through multiple exposures to language, numerous opportunities to practice it, and systematic and intensive recycling. Goals- and achievement-based lessons with can-do statements enable students to
confirm their progress.
Top Notch prepares students to communicate in English with a diverse array of speakers around the world who have a wide range of native and non-native accents. An emphasis on cultural fluency
enables students to navigate the social, travel, and business situations that they will encounter in their lives.
The ActiveBook contains:
- The Student's Book in digital format with full audio.
- Interactive speaking, listening, reading, grammar, and vocabulary practice.
- Printable unit study guides.
- Summit helps the high-intermediate learner continue to grow through a balanced development of both fluency and
- Summit offers a unique conversational syllabus and extensive opportunities for discussion, debate, presentations, and
projects as well as contextualized grammar review, expansion, and practice.
- Summit prepares students for academic study through development of word skills, reading and listening skills and
strategies, and critical thinking.
The second edition offers both online and offline solutions with the following new technology:
Each Student's Book includes the digital course book with the complete audio program and extensive extra practice in all skill areas, including reading, listening, and speaking. Printable
reading glossaries, 'can-do' Self-Assessment charts, and more.
Each Teacher's Edition and Lesson Planner includes the digital Student's Book with interactive whiteboard tools for zooming in, writing, highlighting, and more - with a 'save' option. Instant
access to the complete audio program and Summit TV video program. Extensive printable resources including extension activities, Summit TV activity worksheets, workbook answer keys, and
A powerful online learning tool for personalized practice and assessment - an available option to complement the Student's Book. Assign activities and track student and class progress. Also
includes Summit TV video online with activities.
Section: Courses (Adult / Young Adult)
English in Common Student Books are
divided into either ten or twelve units and have enough material for approximately 60 to 90 hours of instruction. Each Student Book has a bound-in ActiveBook, which contains a digital Student Book
with the entire audio program, Extra Listening practice and activities, and a printable Language Portfolio to help students keep a record of their progress.
Also available as a blended learning program, with MyEnglishLab, an online learning tool for personalized practice, with automatic
Level 1 is for beginners and covers competencies in the A1 band of the CEF.
English in Common is a six-level American English integrated-skills course for adult and young adult learners based on CEFR standards and learning
Section: Courses (Adult / Young Adult)
New Total English retains all the
popular features of the original edition including clear CEF-related objectives which make lesson planning easy. There is a solid grammar syllabus with regular Active Grammar boxes and Reference and
Review sections. It also has a strong focus on vocabulary with attention to collocations and now includes an on-line Vocabulary Trainer at each level.
- Over 50% new material.
- New DVD
material with Film Bank on the Active Book disc.
Writing Bank which makes writing a fun and engaging activity.
- Pronunciation Bank gives students phonetic examples of unit vocabulary.
Section: Courses (Adult / Young Adult)
New Language Leader is the most effective
course for 21st-century students who are serious about learning English.
Designed around topics that stimulate discussion and debate, it has systematic skills work and a thorough study and writing skills syllabus. Unique scenario lessons provide students with the
opportunity to practise the language they have learned, helping to prepare them for communication in the real world. It is particularly suited to students involved in or preparing for university
This substantially-revised edition features a number of brand-new enhancements:
- Meet the Experts videos: authentic interviews bring topics to life.
Skills videos: demonstrate the skills students need for presentations, lectures and discussions.
- 21st-century Skills: critical thinking skills and digital literacies developed throughout the course.
and Assessment: mapped to the Pearson General and Academic Scales of English.
The Coursebook is divided into 12 units each with a number of sections, such as
grammar, vocabulary, reading and writing. Exam practice is embedded at the end of each unit to prepare students for high-stakes tests like IELTS and PTE Academic. Every lesson in New Language Leader
has a scenario with a case study and Meet the Expert video or a Study Skills section with skills videos to support students in tertiary education. *Meet the Expert authentic video interviews with
leading professionals and academics bring topics to life and stretch students' ability to understand real English. *Study Skills videos develop communication and collaboration skills, setting
students up for future success. Contemporary topics and issues stimulate students' minds and develop critical thinking skills. All the course audio and video are available free
to a full set of online Teacher's Resources is available.
Series: Interchange (4th Edition) and
Passages (2nd Edition)
Author: Jack C. Richards
The underlying philosophy of Interchange is that
language is best learned when used for meaningful communication. The features that have made Interchange the world’s most popular and successful English course continue to be
the hallmarks of this fourth edition:
- A trusted communicative methodology and proven approach.
- Greater fl exibility for use in any teaching situation.
- A wealth of resources for teacher training and professional development.
Interchange Fourth Edition is a four-level series for adult and young-adult learners of English
from the beginning to the high-intermediate level.
Student's Book, Intro is the introductory level of the Interchange Fourth Edition series and is
designed for beginning students needing a thorough presentation of basic functions, grammar structures, and vocabulary. Intro is based on the principle that low-level learning does not equal
low-level thinking. The Student's Book contains 16 teaching units, progress checks, additional Interchange activities, and a Grammar Plus section that provides additional grammar explanations and
practice. Included is a Self-study DVD-ROM that provides the full class video and extra practice with vocabulary, grammar, speaking, listening, and reading.
Passages, Second Edition, Student's Books have been thoroughly revised to offer fresh, contemporary content, numerous opportunities for expansion of listening and speaking skills, reading skills
development, plus a step-by-step academic writing strand. Vocabulary is now presented in every lesson and focuses on word building, collocations, and phrasal verbs. Communication Reviews every three
units include progress checks and additional speaking and listening activities. In the back of the Student's Books is a new Grammar Plus section with additional grammar explanation and practice, and
a new learner-focused self-study section, containing academic listening practice and vocabulary building with dictionary skills practice. Also included in each Student's Book is a CD-ROM, containing
both the Self-Study Audio from the Student's Book and the entire Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary.
Series: face2face (2nd Edition)
Author: Chris Redston & Gillie Cunningham
Publisher: Cambridge University
face2face Second edition is the flexible, easy-to-teach, 6-level course (A1 to C1) for busy teachers who want to get their adult and young
adult learners to communicate with confidence.
The fully updated and redesigned Starter Student's Book provides 60-90 hours of material, with a clear focus on improving students' listening and speaking skills. It comes with a free DVD-ROM which
includes consolidation activities and an electronic portfolio for learners to track their progress with customisable tests, and grammar and vocabulary reference sections.
The Student's Book includes new optional video for the Real World lessons (video available on the Teacher's DVD) with vocabulary selection informed by English Profile and the Cambridge Learner
(Please note that the face2face Second edition Class Audio CDs are available separately.)
Series: Straightforward (2nd Edition)
Author: Lindsay Clandfield, Philip Kerr, Ceri Jones and Roy Norris
Straightforward has been revamped in a second edition, with much of the content updated and made more relevant to our ever-changing world. New topics, articles and exercises appear
within a fresh new design.
All the old teachers' favourites
are still there - meaning it will still be a joy to teach with. Each unit is structured to provide one lesson per double-page spread (A/B/C/D), lasting around 90 minutes. All lessons are interlinked
to promote better and more memorable learning, with the flexibility to pick out key sections to focus on certain language points. All language is clearly signposted and scaffolded so there is great
clarity of progression of learning - students can really feel they are getting somewhere.
There are extra communication
pages and unit reviews, plus new videos, online material and photocopiables to extend and add to a lesson. The CEFR plays a prominent part in the second edition with clear signposting,
self-assessment opportunities and the invaluable portfolio. The Teacher's Book and supporting website have tips, photocopiables and information.
Student's Book: For ease of use
and practicality Straightforward Second
structured to provide one lesson per double-page spread (A/B/C/D), lasting around 90 minutes. All lessons are interlinked to promote better and more memorable learning, and there is the flexibility
to pick out certain key sections to focus on certain language points.
- CEF/Self-Assessment- Each unit culminates in a self-assessment box so students can check and monitor their own progress and become more independent learners. The checklist is a
selection of clear 'can-do' statements and therefore links to the CEF and portfolio elements of the course
- Functional Language - This section helps students to deal with common, every-day situations in an English-speaking environment - what we might think of as survival
- Vocabulary - Difficult and out of context words from the text are presented in the glossary so students are not distracted by these lexical hurdles
- Grammar - Clear and uncomplicated grammar explanations present new grammar elements. Students are always supported by the Language Reference pages at the back of their book allowing
them to further work on a difficult area and understand the language
- Reading - Texts are accessible for the relevant level, realistic and from a variety of different sources/contexts
- Functional Language- Students are not expected to learn in a vacuum and their interests and curiosities are met with 'Did you know' sections.
Author: Lindsay Clandfield, Amanda Jeffries, Kate Pickering & Robb Benne,
The topics throughout the Coursebook have been chosen to appeal to an adult learner's
curiosity, and to reflect material that they would naturally read for pleasure in their native language. Critical thinking skills are promoted through the choice of topics and the way the material is
• Information-rich course, you
learn English and you learn in English.
• International appeal, culturally
appropriate, aware of the needs of learners to speak to other non-native speakers as well as to native speakers.
• Reading texts help develop
critical thinking skills as well as comprehension skills.
• Innovative e-Workbook that
allows learners to do activities on paper or electronically and includes additional resources for ongoing learning outside the classroom and plenty of listening and pronunciation
• Strong lexical focus with
Vocabulary extra boxes.
Series: Open Mind
Author: M. Rogers, J. Taylore-Knowles & S. Taylore-Knowles
Open Mind is a
groundbreaking course that provides learners with the professional, academic and personal skills they need. Not only are language skills developed in the course, but also 21st-century skills that
students need in order to have a better awareness of self and society, to handle the demands of their study and learning and to deal with challenges in their work and career.
The course offers a flexible
combination of materials to ensure that students are learning from a variety of sources: content-rich reading texts, speaking and writing workshops, high-quality video, self-study Online Workbooks,
and projectable Student's Books.
- Integrated and flexible online material from our new platform gives users the access to everything they need in one place.
Skills syllabus recycles languages while giving students an opportunity to learn skills which are vital in today's world.
- Highly visual double-page spread opens every unit with clear CEFR orientated unit objectives.
- Grammar sections offer a step-by-step analysis of form and function.
- Support for speaking tasks with functional language.
- Speaking and Writing Workshops with self-and peer-assessment features at the end of alternate units.